Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter Wonderful!

  I went to the Providence Place mall today...so Ken could go the Newbury Comics. After Newbury Comics, I stopped into Charlotte Russe. I hadn't been in there in a while since I've cut back a lot on my shopping and they were their $5-$10-$15 sale like they had last winter. I bought a pair of black tights with little gems on them-footless for $5. Here's a pic:
       
            I also found a really cute hat and mittens set for $5. All of their mittens, gloves, and winter hats were $5. They had some really cute stuff but I didn't really look at anything else after I saw this set. I think I have a bit of an owl obsession. You can't really see them in the picture, but the hat has sequins on it in between the owls. There is a pom pom on the top and on the end of the braids that hang from the ear flaps. Here's a pic and you can also find the set on their website:

    I didn't find any shoes that I had to have....thank goodness! They did have all of their flats on sale for $10 though. I did find a really sparkly belt. I've been on a belt kick lately too. I like to put a wide belt over a sweater-dress or a tunic top, especially if it's a little loose. This glittery leopard print belt was marked down to $4.99, which is about as much as I like to spend on a belt. They have a much better selection of sale belts online than what was in the store. Here's a pic:

        Last but not least, what I'd actually looked for at Forever 21 and struck out, hair accessories. :) Charlotte Russe had a section of headbands, bobby pins, clips, etc on sale for $2.99. I picked out these two 3 packs of bobby pins:
        
        That sums up my Charlotte Russe deal which I think was a really good one. The only reason that I'd tried Forever 21 first for hair accessories is that I've had really good luck there in the past. For example:

       I got these two a while ago and they're both really well made. The comb style clip is one of my favorites and I just got a compliment on the smaller one the last time I wore it. I'm pretty sure I got them for $1.99 each on sale.

      I do have another blast from the past item tonight with this winter weather. I've had to break out the really warm clothes, and even my winter boots. I bought these boots for $15 at a yard sale, and they're Coach with suede and real fur trim. They are super warm, and super comfy. That is why I have been wearing them most nights this past week. My only gripe is that I wish they were black instead of brown because I usually wear a black coat, but I really can't complain. Here's a pic:

      After briefly changing the subject, I'm going to bring it back the Charlotte Russe for the Deal of the Day. They have a ton of stuff on sale right now so I would recommend going into a store or checking out the site, but this is just one item I picked out from the site. This bootie is in one of my favorite colors-cobalt blue. They are a velvet fabric with a belted cuff and almond shaped toe. The heel is 4" with a 3/4" platform in the front. Here is a pic and the link:
http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11361393&cp=4238904.4241225
       Keeping with the cold weather theme, tonight's wishlist item is a sweater-dress from Victoria's Secret. Even for the sale price of $69.50, this one will stay on the wishlist. It's nice to dream though. It's long sleeved, and long in general with 22" from the waist measurement-vs. most of the sweater-dresses which are 17". It has an all over cable knit and a turtle neck to keep you toasty. :) It comes in four colors but the orange is my favorite. Here's a pic and the link:
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265669354738&c=Page&cid=1321713096872&pagename=vsdWrapper

     Well, that's all for tonight. I'm going to curl up under my warm blankets and watch some Bones before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment