Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Morning Reminisce

         Since I haven't done any clothes shopping this week/weekend, I figured I'd devote most of today's blog to past deals. I've decided to highlight some of the shoes/boots that I bought when Chadwicks had their warehouse sale. The first time that I went, it was a "friends and family" sale so everything was half off of the warehouse prices. That meant that shoes were $2.50 a pair and boots were $5.00. The second time, shoes were $5.00 which was still a steal because they're nice shoes, none of they are cheaply made. I'll start with a pair that you'll recognize from my profile picture. These shoes are made by Rampage and are cloth(wool?) with a black and white houndstooth print. Here's the pic:

         The second is a pair of boots the I picked up at the first sale, so they were only $5! They are made by Bijou New York and they're off-white faux leather. What I love most about them is all of the detail; they are studded, belted, and have three chains that wrap around the back of the heel. Here's a pic:

         The next pair is also by Bijou New York and are turquoise suede. This shoe is a peep toe flat with a darker turquoise belt on the front and accent on the back. My favorite detail though is the fringe. They also had this shoe in other colors, but not in my size. :( Here's a pic:

         These shoes are a similar color, but the similarity ends there. The heel on this shoe is what caught my eye. It's really different because it's like a wedge with a piece cut out. The heel is silver and made of a very hard plastic. The upper material is pretty stiff too, but I'm hoping it will soften up after I wear them a few times. I also bought these the first time I went to Chadwicks. I may have to repeat this Chadwicks flashback another time to fit some more in, but here's a pic:

         The reason for my lack of shopping is that I've made a big purchase this week instead. I bought the new iPhone 4S. I have to wait until December 9th to get it because it's out of stock, but it's given me some time to shop for cases/covers/skins etc. I'll be able to have something delivered by the time it gets here. I found some really cheap accessory bundles on ebay which is usually where I get mine. I started looking because I found a decal that I really liked on etsy and I want to put a hard case around it too. The decal is vinyl and covers the back of the iPhone. I'm putting it up as my deal of the day because at $6 and a $3.25 shipping charge, it's one of the least expensive...and coolest decals that I've seen. Here's a pic and the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/84643779/dont-spread-the-dead-iphone-4-iphone-4s
Don't Spread the Dead iPhone 4, iPhone 4s Skin

           On the opposite end of the spectrum both in price and subject matter, comes my wishlist item. I also found this case on etsy and I think it's adorable. It is Czech crystal encrusted My Little Pony with Pegasus wings and braided hair. This is something that I would love to have for my iPhone....if it weren't priced at $159.00. Here's a link and pic: http://www.etsy.com/listing/85867615/czech-crystal-bling-bling-iphone-case-my
Czech Crystal  Bling Bling iphone case My Little Pony

        Looking at that seller's other items, I also found a pair of boots that I thought were wishlist worthy so I figured I'd add a second item to bring this back to clothes from i Phone accessories. The boots are grey sheepskin lined with wool and look Uggish. The boots have Czech crystals that form the face of one of my favorite movie characters...Jack Skellington. The price is still pretty scary at $179.00, but they're perfect for this time of year. :) Here's a pic and the link: http://www.etsy.com/listing/83468682/czech-crystal-bling-bling-wool-boots
Czech  Crystal Bling Bling Wool Boots With Jack skellington

Well, that's it for this morning. Just a warning, my next blog may also have iPhone cases. lol I've been searching constantly for the perfect one and there are soooo many.

No comments:

Post a Comment