Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Clearing the Cobwebs

        So, it's been almost a year since I've last updated my blog. That's really hard to believe. It really doesn't seem like that long. There have certainly been plenty of times since my last entry that I've promised myself that I was going to update my blog or make a new post and just never made the time. It hasn't been that I haven't done any shopping in the last year, that's for sure. Since I'm finally posting today-on a Tuesday night, I'll start bragging about this weekend's deals.

        Saturday, the Salvation Army in Wareham had their 50% off everything sale. If you want to check out their next big sale, you can keep an eye out for it on their Facebook page. They'll post about the sale coming up and what the hours will be. Anyway, Ken and I went to the sale on Saturday and I picked out a bunch of dress pants to try on for work. Out of the dress pants I tried on, I only ended up liking the fit of two pairs but one was from the Gap and is a really nice peachy/pink color for spring and the other is plaid with brown and orange tones:

           I then moved on to the jeans and picked out all the American Eagle jeans that I could find since they are about the only jeans that I can trust buying without trying on. I found three pairs that I really liked and that didn't look just like a pair that I already had:




              I took a quick look through the dresses and found a really cute black wrap dress from Banana Republic but nothing else caught my eye. I sorted through their large collection of belts both hanging and in a basket and found three belts that I liked that since they were normally $1.99 were definitely a steal:





              I would say may favorite part of the experience, especially after waiting in the very long line at the register, was when they gave me my total. For two pairs of work pants, three pairs of AE jeans, a Banana Republic wrap dress, and three belts-it came to $25!

              Of course my deals didn't stop there. I had a coupon for DSW and since it is also in Wareham, we made that our (almost) next stop. We made a quick pit stop at the flea market down the road on the way where I bought some chop sticks to wear in my hair, then went to DSW.

             I headed straight to the back of the store for the clearance section and looked through all the shoes in my size. When I was towards the end of the second aisle, I found a nice pair of Guess peep toe pumps that I'm pretty sure I'd looked at there before. They have a high gold snake skin spike heel and the main part of the shoe is black faux suede. Right after I found the black pumps, I found a pair of teal Guess shoes too! I couldn't have left them there if I tried. They were the perfect color, had animal print, the heels were sky high, and they were super cheap. After my coupon ($5 off) I ended up spending $30 for both pairs:



                 For tonight's wishlist item, this comes from a flyer that I got in the mail from Juicy Couture. I love their charm bracelets and charms. In the flyer they sent me, they also have a charm belt with a cool nautical theme. With a price of  $128.00 I can't see myself buying one, especially since they don't have silver. :) Here's a pic and the link:
http://www.juicycouture.com/Chain-Belt-With-Charms/YTRUB213,default,pd.html?dwvar_YTRUB213_color=710&start=1&q=belt&navid=search

                To end tonight's entry so I can get some sleep, or atleast watch some re-runs of Law and Order and think about sleeping, here's the Deal of the Day! One of my favorite sites to bargain hunt on 15dollarstore.com again proving to have awesome deals on shoes/boots, and everything else. These boots are Dollhouse brand and are brown with studs around the bottom. The boots have a zipper on the side (bottom) to make it easier to get them on and off and about a 5" heel. The platform in the front is over an inch so it makes the heel seem not sooo high and at 12 1/2" tall they will probably come to right below the knee. Here's a pic and the link:
http://15dollarstore.com/p/dollhouse-socca-studded-platform-boots-brown-/8543588285008536



                      Well, that's all for tonight. Hopefully I'll get back in to the swing of blogging again but I don't want to make any promises. : P Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment